Holland America Line’s 2024 Canada and New England season will 29 cruises ranging from week-long journeys to longer getaways.
From April through October, Volendam and Zuiderdam will offer a series of seven-day “Canada & New England Discovery” departures with ports that showcase the region’s cuisine, maritime history and beauty. Ten- and 11-day cruises on Volendam add Newfoundland, while a 24-day expedition adds Greenland and a circumnavigation of Iceland.
Here are the highlights of the 2024 season:
- A 24-day cruise departing July 27 on Volendam sails roundtrip from Boston and circumnavigates Iceland. The cruise makes six calls around Iceland, with 10 additional visits in Greenland, Maine and Canada’s Nova Scotia, Labrador and Newfoundland.
- Volendam will cruise between Boston and Montreal in both the summer and fall on a series of seven-day “Canada & New England Discovery” itineraries with weekend departures. Ports include Bar Harbor and the Canadian destinations of Québec City, Charlottetown, Sydney and Halifax. The September 28 departure exchanges Bar Harbor for Rockland.
- Zuiderdam will sail seven-day “Canada & New England Discovery” itineraries between Boston and Québec City, with weekend departures and overnight calls at Quebec City at the beginning or end of the cruise. Ports include Bar Harbor, Charlottetown, Sydney and Halifax. The September 21 departure exchanges Bar Harbor for Rockland and doesn’t include a Quebec overnight.
- One seven-day “Historic Coasts” cruise roundtrip from Boston aboard Volendam departs July 20 and calls at Portland and Bar Harbor, Saint John, Halifax and Sydney.
- Volendam offers longer “Newfoundland & New England Discovery” cruises that sail between Boston and Montreal. Ports on the 10-day cruise includes Quebec City, Baie-Comeau, Havre-Saint-Pierre, Corner Brook, St. Anthony, St. John’s, Halifax and Portland. The 11-day departure calls at Portland, Saint John, Corner Brook, Charlottetown and Saguenay.
- Both Volendam and Zuiderdam will cruise the region in the fall so guests can view the display of the changing foliage. Itineraries feature scenic cruising through the Gulf of St. Lawrence and Saguenay fjord.
- The line’s ships are small enough to enable cruising the St. Lawrence River, with calls at Montréal and Québec City on nearly every itinerary.
- Volendam offers 13- and 14-day repositioning cruises along the Atlantic Coast between Montréal and Fort Lauderdale in April and October. Both cruises include an overnight at Quebec City. Zuiderdam’s 11-day cruise of the Atlantic Coast from Quebec City to Fort Lauderdale in October adds Charleston, SC.
Exclusive shore excursions in partnership with “Food & Wine” magazine highlight the tastes of the region.
For a limited time, when guests book 2024 Canada and New England cruises with the “Have It All” package, the standard package amenities of shore excursions, specialty dining, a “Signature Beverage Package” and “Surf Wi-Fi” are included—plus the added perk of free prepaid crew appreciation, along with free upgrades to the “Elite Beverage Package” and “Premium Wi-Fi.”
Support for Ukraine
In a recent development, the line made a large donation towards Ukrainian relief, presenting a check for $450,000 at the Port of San Diego to the global humanitarian aid organization Direct Relief. The money was raised during the “On Deck for a Cause” campaign.
For 10 months on every cruise in the line’s 11-ship fleet, guests could make a $25 donation to participate in a fundraising 5K walk during their sailing, in locales ranging from Alaska to Europe and the Panama Canal to Australia.
The check presentation took place at the Port of San Diego, Koningsdam’s homeport in the winter, with over 62,000 guests boarding several cruises at the port during the line’s 2022/23 season.
For more information, visit hollandamerica.com.
Source: travel agent central